Who They Are
Debono are a foodservice company delivering ingredients to chefs and caterers throughout London and the South East. As a key partner to the hospitality industry, Debono is committed to service excellence and reliability.
What They Do
Each part of their operation is carefully managed and as a result they have formulated a clear strategy to deliver a service promise that is difficult to beat. And one they can be justifiably proud of. The core part of their business is delivering complete and accurate orders – when and where the customer requires them. They stock some 1,400 lines mostly in the ambient range and all of sufficient quality to find their way in to the kitchens of some of the best restaurants and hotels in London.
They are not against competing with the larger operators – but their service is far more tailored. The product range they offer, reflects the quality end of their customer base and has grown largely as a result of their key accounts telling them that they need access to a core product range and more specialist ingredients.
Offering a range of products from suppliers committed to operating ethically – particularly from here in the UK – Debono is now at the forefront of a growing number of innovative businesses promoting Think.Eat.Drink.
- Debono place great importance on the environment, sustainability and ethics within business.
- They operate a culture of continuous improvement
- Debono take part in the Restaurants against Hunger campaign and support a number of local charities in East London throughout the year.
- Past recipients of Debono donations include: Leukaemia Research Fund, Great Ormond Street Childrens Hospital, Crisis and the Special Care Baby Unit at the London Hospital.
- Debono Foods originated as a delicatessen in Soho set up by George Debono in the early 1970s