They pulled together their skills and those of their resourceful friends, and anyone else drawn to help, and set up Refugee Community Kitchen to serve the camps at Calais and Dunkirk and beyond.
Since December 2015 RCK has:
- Cooked every day, 7 days a week since 1st of December 2015
- Cooked over 570,000 meals
- Served over half a million tonnes of food
- Built industrial kitchen in L’Auberge des Migrant warehouse, Calais
- Created cold food distribution facility in L’Auberge des Migrant warehouse, Calais
- Supported all the Community kitchens in Calais camps with food and equipment
- Designed and Built 7 communal kitchens in Grande Synthe/La Linere Camp
- Built free shops and sheltered communal areas in Grande Synthe/La Linere Camp
- Built and equipped the Kurdish Community kitchen in Grande Synthe/La Linere Camp
- Designed and built food storage facility supplying Kurdish Community Kitchen in Grande Synthe/La Linere Camp
- Fully equipped functioning Community bakery in Grande Synthe/La Linere Camp including tandoor ovens
RCK CONTINUES TO SUPPORT
- Belgium Kitchen In Calais
- Ashram Kitchen In Calais
- Kitchen in Calais In Calais
- The Syrian kitchen in Grande Synthe/La Linere
- Calais Kitchens Cold food distribution who is currently supplying 9000 people with weekly food packs, bringing much-needed dignity to the residents of the Calais Camp.
All the above kitchens and initiatives were built and run in conjunction with various grass roots and Non-Government-Organisations, that work 24/7, are run solely by volunteers and are supported by crowd funders and vital food and money donations.
Calais Kitchens, L’Auberge des Migrants, Help Refugees, Aid Box Convoy, MSF, Utopia56, AIA
The above is taken from http://refugeecommunitykitchen.com/.