Purple Sprouting and Anchovy Bruschetta
12 stems of purple sprouting broccoli, trimmed.
4 anchovy fillets
1 clove garlic, halved
Pinch of salt
4 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
2 slices of good sour dough, or ciabatta, toasted
Zest of 1 lemon
½ fresh red chii, deseeded finely sliced
Black pepper to taste
1) In a pestle and mortar, pound together ½ clove of garlic, the anchovy fillets and salt until they form a smooth paste.
2) Stir in two tbsp of olive oil
3) Steam or blanch your broccoli, until just tender (about 3 minutes)
4) Drain and dress immediately with the garlic and anchovy mixture.
5) Rub your toasted bread with garlic and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
6) Pile on your marinated broccoli, and top with the sliced chili, and grated lemon zest.
7) Season to taste with black pepper, and serve